Accessibility statement for Ealing Venues
Using the Ealing Venues website
This site is run by Ealing Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this site.
We aim to use plain language on this website. There are pages or documents where complex or technical language is often necessary and used. This includes terms and conditions around hire of venues.
The site has been tested in the following browsers:
- IE8 (basic) and above
Make your device easier to use
- make text larger
- magnify the screen
- change fonts and colours
- make your mouse pointer easier to use
- use your keyboard instead of a mouse
- make your device talk to you
- Adobe Acrobat – PDF documents
Some documents on this website are available in PDF format. You need to have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view these documents. The reader is free to download from the Adobe Reader download page.
Adobe provides advice on accessibility for those that have difficulty viewing documents in PDF format.
How accessible Ealing Venues is
We know some parts of this site are not fully accessible at the moment. For example:
- some of the images do not have alternative text
- not every quick link is supported by all browsers
- the video is not subtitled
What to do if you cannot access parts of Ealing Venues
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of our website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or cannot access parts of Ealing Venues, please complete this form. Alternatively, you can get in touch by emailing email@example.com or by calling 020 8825 6060.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Third-party applications and pages
Our main enquiry function service is operated by a third party, Priava Services Pty Ltd. In addition, the information on pages on individual approved suppliers are provided by those caterers. Because third-party applications and supplier pages are partly or wholly out of our control, they may not conform to the same levels of accessibility as Ealing Venues.
Technical information about Ealing Venues’ accessibility
Ealing Council is committed to making the Ealing Venues website accessible, in accordance with the accessibility regulations. Ealing Venues is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances.
Content listed below is non-accessible. We will work on fixing them as soon as possible. We are aware that there are other non-accessible issues which are not listed here. These will be added once the full audit has been completed.
Some images do not have a text alternative (alt text), so the information in them is not available to people using a screen reader. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).
- We plan to add text alternatives for all images by the end of 2020.
- When we publish new content we will make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
- we aim to complete the full audit of the website by the end of September 2020.
- we will work on fixing issues identified in the audit as soon as we can.
- existing content will be reviewed and updated to ensure it meets accessibility guidelines.
- when the website is updated, we will check that new content meets accessibility standards.
- we will work to improve the accessibility of any documents published on the website.
- an audit will be run whenever new functionality is added to the website.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 22 September 2020.
Ealing Venues website was tested in September 2020 by Ealing Council. We used automated software Siteimprove.